Who CONTRA-TIEMPO is:
CONTRA-TIEMPO is a bold and multilingual Los Angeles based dance company, dedicated to transforming the world through dance. Founded and directed by Ana Maria Alvarez in 2005, their unique Urban Latin Dance Theater brings to life voices that are not traditionally heard on the concert stage, while building community, facilitating dialogue, and moving audiences to imagine what is possible. CONTRA-TIEMPO’s work is rooted in Salsa and Afro-Cuban and draws from Hip-Hop, urban and contemporary dance-theater. They create an invigorating blend of physically intense and socially astute performance and community engagement work that pushes the boundaries of Latin dance as an expressive cultural and contemporary form.
Job Description – Development Manager:
Development Manager will be responsible for creating and executing all development plans, including launching a new individual giving campaign, special projects, institutional support (both private foundation, government and corporate) and special events. The Development Manager will work closely with the Managing Director and Board of Directors to formulate strategies and actions to augment the company’s capacity for increased revenue.
The ideal candidate will be a fast learner, dynamic, intuitive, creative, and able to keep pace with rapid change, and s/he must bring a rigorous, systematic, disciplined, and strategic approach to her/his work. S/he must possess the vision and courage to break new ground and establish the highest standards of excellence while balancing the day-to-day needs of the organization in a collegial atmosphere as a key member of the team. Excellent writing and communication skills (submission of writing samples may be required). Valid California driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
· Launching a new monthly giving/individual donor campaign
· Institutional support: prospect research, cultivation/engagement of potential and current funders, grant writing preparation of funder reports.
· Head of Fundraising Committee: take lead on setting the agenda, presenting strategies, gathering input, delegating actions, following up with committee members, maintaining momentum.
· Design and help implement development plan/strategy
· Cultivate Relationships with current and prospective individual donors.
· Assign staff and Board of Directors to meet with specific/appropriate donors or potential donors and helps to maintain these relationships with the help of staff and board
· Actively seeks out other sources of funding, potential opportunities to secure funding through grants, foundations, organizations or individuals
How to Apply:
Apply by Nov. 5, 2013
Send your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about CONTRA-TIEMPO, visit our website at www.contra-tiempo.org. Please note that only electronic submissions are being accepted for this position. Interviews will be scheduled based on qualifications.
This post was submitted by CONTRA-TIEMPO.