Cornerstone Theater seeks a dynamic Director of Development to lead and strengthen the organization’s development department. The Director of Development will plan and implement all fundraising programs for the Company, including annual campaign; individual giving; major gifts; special events; sponsorships; foundation, corporate, and government grants; planned giving; contributor cultivation and all other aspects of fundraising to advance the mission of the organization. The Director of Development reports to the Managing Director.
• Plan and implement new and creative strategies to strengthen the annual fund-raising program;
• Develop a comprehensive program, including an online giving program;
• Guide the board of directors and other volunteers in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gifts (annual and capital). Prepare board members for cultivation and solicitation activities and partner with them in the implementation;
• Build strong relationships with foundation and corporate funders;
• Develop a strong sponsorship program:
• Plan and oversee the annual gala and other special events;
• Appoint, lead, evaluate and manage the development staff;
• Supervise grant manager and oversee all reporting deadlines and donor updates;
• Oversee the collection of data on contributors and the database;
• Participate with communication team to unify branding and messaging;
• Oversee the production of all development documents and materials;
• Assist in establishing and updating key contributor documents, i.e. gift acceptance and planned giving policies;
• Maintain and implement effective development systems and policies;
• Other Administrative duties as needed.
• Bachelors Degree;
• Four years of development experience;
• Proven track record of securing major gifts from individuals, foundations and businesses;
• Experience with a capital campaign;
• Extensive knowledge of development principles, fund-raising techniques and ethics;
• Ability to manage and partner with high-level fund-raising volunteers;
• Excellent oral and written skills;
• Ability to manage multiple priorities;
• Excellent managerial and interpersonal skills;
• Interest and/or experience in theater and social justice a plus;
• Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and MAC Operating System.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive based on experience, plus a comprehensive benefits plan including medical, vision, and dental insurance, pension plan, vacation sick leave, personal days and holidays.
Cornerstone Theater Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Sara Adelman by email at Sadelman@CornerstoneTheater.org. Position to be filled by June 15, 2012.
This post was submitted by Sara Adelman.