POSITION: Ticket Services Manager
CLOSING DATE: July 27
The John Anson Ford Theatres has an immediate opening for a self-motivated, detail-oriented Ticket Services Manager to provide quality patron services for the more than 200 performances presented at the Ford Theatres each year. Ford Theatres is a multi-disciplinary performing arts venue with programming in the 1200-seat Ford Amphitheatre, offering music, dance, family events and film from June through October, and the 87-seat [Inside] the Ford theatre, an indoor black-box theatre that presents new plays from November to April. The Ford Theatres is a program of the Los Angeles County Arts Commission.
Reporting to the Productions Marketing Manger and the Managing Director of Productions, this position manages the ticketing services for the John Anson Ford Theatres and the Ford Theatre Foundation including the development and implementation of ticketing strategy and policy. The Ticket Services Manager oversees the Box Office Assistant Manager, as well as year-round part-time staff and seasonal box office staff. This position provides specialized administrative, technical support, fiscal and project management services for the Ford Theatres and the Ford Theatre Foundation.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Provides administrative oversight for all aspects of ticketing services at the John Anson Ford Theatres
• Strategizes and oversees the implementation of the group sales initiative
• Evaluates the effectiveness of Ford Theatres box office policies, procedures and services to strengthen theatre operations, including the development of ticketing tools and systems
• Serves as primary box office liaison with producers of Ford Theatres summer and winter events
• Supervises box office support staff including hiring, scheduling, providing performance feedback and documenting employee performance
• Responds to inquiries from community groups, patrons and County staff regarding program services
• Researches and advises on current trends in ticketing and box office operations
• Assists Managing Director and Productions Marketing Manager in coordination of public information and public relations components of box office activities
• Tracks box offices sales, analyzes ticketing data to measure program impact and provides regular reports to staff
• Oversees box office supplies and staffing expenses
Ideal candidates will have excellent communication and customer service skills, attention to detail, a consistent work ethic, the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks, ability to work quickly and respond gracefully to high pressure situations and a high level of proficiency troubleshooting problems that may arise. Candidates should have extensive knowledge in computer based ticketing software (Pro-venue Max preferred), familiarity with Microsoft Office, ability to conduct extensive research and make out bound sales calls to fulfill a cooperative group sales campaign, a passion for the performing arts and ticketing trends. Multilingual skills are desirable, a passion for cultural diversity and ability to work with a wide variety of personalities are essential.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in arts, public or business administration, education or a related field and two years of project management experience in a staff capacity or one year of experience at the level of the County of Los Angeles classification of Arts Commission Program Assistant. A Master’s degree in a related field is desirable but not required. Previous sales, cash handling, reporting, basic accounting, previous supervisorial and box office experience are all required.
License: A valid California Class C Driver’s License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
Physical class: 2 – Light.
This is a full-time position: $45,000-$51,000 with benefits. Placement within the range will be commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and current salary.
Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter explaining why this position is of interest, resume, writing sample and a list of three references. All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with Box Office Manager as the subject line. Please do not submit any application materials through the US mail or phone regarding the status of the submission. Applications will be reviewed starting on July 5, 2012. Position will remain open until the staffing need is met and will close July 27, 2012.
Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls please.
The Los Angeles County Arts Commission fosters excellence, diversity, vitality, understanding and accessibility of the arts in Los Angeles County. The Arts Commission provides leadership in cultural services for the County, including information and resources for the community, artists, educators, arts organizations and municipalities. To learn more about the Arts Commission, please visit www.lacountyarts.org.
This post was submitted by Caitlin Johnson.