Development Associate - download pdf
The Los Angeles Master Chorale seeks an experienced and highly skilled administrative associate to provide comprehensive support for senior staff and Board members in achieving established fundraising goals. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently and productively in a fast-paced environment, to interact effectively with volunteer leaders and donors, to anticipate needs and challenges, solve problems, and be an integral member of the administrative team. S/he will report to the Director of Development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Track results from special campaigns
- Coordinate special donor events
- Plan and implement gift acknowledgement process
- Maintain accurate and updated donor files
- Track Board members’ gifts and pledges, issuing quarterly status reports
- Conduct monthly gift reconciliation
- Create and maintain support materials for solicitation calls by key staff and Board
- Manage and maintain LAMC patron database
- Coordinate and execute all large patron mailings
- Collaborate in handling VIP patron ticketing requests
- Other duties as requested.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills:
- Undergraduate degree and three to five years successful administrative experience, preferably in a not-for-profit organization
- Proven ability to work with volunteer leaders, donors and patrons, handle confidential information, and exercise discretion
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Significant experience and facility with database software
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently, take initiative, anticipate challenges, solve problems, and work under pressure
Compensation will be commensurate with experience; competitive benefits package offered.
Please submit a cover letter specifying how your experience relates to this position with the LA Master Chorale. Please attach a current resume in .pdf or .doc format.
Submit application materials to (email/fax subject heading):
Attn: Development Associate Job Search
Email: email@example.com | Fax: (213) 972-3136
Mail: Los Angeles Master Chorale, 135 N. Grand Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90012
Deadline: December 1, 2011
The Los Angeles Master Chorale is an independent and innovative professional vocal ensemble that shares the traditional and evolving spectrum of choral music with the widest possible audience. We advance this art through performance, community education, collaboration, commissioning, and recording.
As a Resident Company of the Music Center producing its own series at Walt Disney Concert Hall, the LA Master Chorale has presented over 400 of its own concerts and performed in nearly 300 concerts with the LA Philharmonic. In 2011 2012 we celebrate Grant Gershon’s 11th season as LAMC’s visionary Music Director, look forward to an international tour with the LA Philharmonic in March 2013, and eagerly anticipate the Chorale’s 50th Anniversary season in 2013 2014. The Chorale has commissioned 26 and premiered 68 new works, and has released 7 commercial recordings. Its partnership with Decca was launched with the September 2010 release of “A Good Understanding,” featuring choral works by Nico Muhly and recorded at Walt Disney Concert Hall. The Chorale’s second Decca CD, to be recorded in June 2012 and released the following fall, will feature the music of Henryk Gorecki.
The LA Master Chorale’s education programs include an annual High School Choir Festival at Walt Disney Concert Hall, in-school and community performances by the LA Master Chorale Chamber Singers, and Voices Within – our award-winning songwriting residency program.
As an independent non-profit organization, LAMC’s Board of Directors and professional staff are committed to a vibrant collaboration to achieve LAMC’s mission.