Highways Performance Space is seeking an experienced part-time Development Associate to provide support in achieving fundraising goals. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Highways (highwaysperformance.org) develops and presents innovative, socially engaged art that challenges the dominant sexual, psychological and political paradigms of contemporary American society. Our programs explore relevant social, politicaland artistic issues, promote interactions among people of diverse cultural identities and foster critical dialogues among artists and the communities they serve. Highways is an equal opportunity employer.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Tracking deadlines, preparing documents and support material for the acquisition of corporate, foundation and government grant awards.
- Assisting in the innovation and implementation of fundraising campaigns.
- Processing and tracking donations, gift acknowledgements and revenue accumulation.
- The scheduling of Box Office Personnel for weekly performance functions.
- Acting as liaison between the Executive Director and various grant program representatives.
- Engaging, recruiting and supervising an extensive roster of volunteers for weekly performance functions and office support.
- Negotiating general administrative duties such as data-entry, filing, on-line interfaces, the scheduling of meetings and the directing of phone calls.
Qualifications and Competencies Include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet multiple competing deadlines
- Strong Mac computer skills and general office experience as well as an overall interest in non-profit/alternative arts organizations is a must.
- Familiarity with government and regional grant-making, Filemaker Pro and the Cultural Data Project are a plus.
Compensation: The compensation range for this position is competitive, depending on qualifications.
ApplicationProcess: Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three references. All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com with “Development Associate” as the subject line.
This post was submitted by Tara Aesquivel.