10:50 am in EAL/LA by Kristin Runnels
Several qualified candidates within our membership applied for the opportunity to secure one of these scholarships, and three individuals stood out as being very active within our membership as well as within the arts non-profit community in Los Angeles. The recipients of the EAL/LA scholarships are:
- Stephanie Moore: Administrative Coordinator at Burbank Arts For All Foundation; member of EAL/LA Programming & Development Committees
- Laura Sardisco: Drama Instructor at Arts & Services for Disabled, Inc.; member of EAL/LA Development Committee
- Camille Schenkkan: Educational Programs Manager at Center Theatre Group; Director of Development at Circle X Theatre Co.; National Emerging Leader Council Co-Chair; Advisory Board Director of EAL/LA
As part of the award requirement, each scholarship recipient will be writing a blog for the EAL/LA website (ealla.org
) upon her return from the conference. We cannot wait to read about their take-aways!
On behalf of the membership of EAL/LA, we want to wish these three ladies a wonderful and enriching conference experience.
Executive Co-Chair, EAL/LA
6:56 pm in EAL/LA, Professional Opportunities by EALLA
You have the opportunity to attend this year’s Americans for the Arts (AFTA) Annual Convention! Travel to San Antonio, TX and take place in one of the arts community’s best networking and professional development opportunities. The convention is June 8-10, 2012. More information can be found here (http://convention.artsusa.org/).
Emerging Arts Leaders/Los Angeles (EAL/LA) is now considering applications for partial funding to attend the 2012 Convention and/or Emerging Leaders Preconference. There are three $500 scholarships available.
- must be a member of EAL/LA
- demonstrate participation in EAL/LA activities, such as committee meetings, seminars, or Creative Conversations
No later than May 31, 2012, please submit:
- statement (200 words or less) about your interest in attending the convention and need for professional development
- current resume
EAL/LA’s Leadership Council will review all applications and notify the scholarship recipients by e-mail. Recipients must pre-register for the convention and show proof of registration in order to receive reimbursement. Additionally, those receiving funds must write a blog about their experience at the convention, to be coordinated with the Communications team.
Submit applications to Kristin@ealla.org