Become a Getty Intern at 18th Street!
18th Street Arts Center is currently accepting applications for the Getty Foundation’s 2014 Multicultural Undergraduate Internship Program. This is a paid internship for the summer of 2014 focusing on 18th Street Arts Center’s public programs including arts events, publications and our online presence with in the landscape of contemporary arts in Los Angeles. The internship provides an underrepresented undergraduate student an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the field of arts administration and to get first hand experience working with our Artists in Residence as well as our Artist Lab series and exhibition program.
– Must be a resident of Los Angeles enrolled in undergraduate study elsewhere or student enrolled in an undergraduate program within Los Angeles.
– This internship supports underrepresented multicultural candidates.
– Awarded intern will be part of the Getty Learning Community program and will meet with a larger network of arts professionals and organizations.
The internships are intended specifically for outstanding students who are members of groups currently underrepresented in careers related to museums and the visual arts. Students gain experience in key areas such as curatorship, conservation, education, publications, and related programmatic activities. Candidates are sought from all areas of undergraduate study and are not required to have demonstrated a previous commitment to the visual arts.
- Be of African American, Asian, Latino/Hispanic, Native American, or Pacific Islander descent;
- Be currently enrolled undergraduates. Students must have completed at least one semester of college by June 2014. Students graduating in May or June 2014 are also eligible. (Students who are enrolled in a second BA or BS program are not eligible.)
- Reside or attend college in Los Angeles County; and
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
The internships are full-time (40 hours/week) positions, each with a salary of $4,000, for a consecutive ten-week work period between June and August, 2014. Learn more about the program.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Director of Residency Programs, Anuradha Vikram, firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 1st. The internship will begin in early June 2014.